The MGGS Difference
Melbourne Girls Grammar is an independent school that offers an unparalleled learning experience for students across its two Melbourne campuses, Merton Hall and Morris Hall.
We think beyond our front gates and offer global opportunities to our students, with access to leading education institutions around the world. This allows Melbourne Girls Grammar students to:
- Participate in exchange programs, curricular and creative collaborations, online programs, international sport and music competitions, and global leadership conferences
- Graduate prepared for the world in any life context they choose
We offer a completely customised learning program giving our students an edge.
Melbourne Girls Grammar celebrates diversity and enterprise.
- We encourage our students to harness their independence by using a contemporary learning structure.
- We believe that because each girl is different, their learning program should be flexible to meet each girl’s needs
Our innovative learning approach is curated to match the needs of contemporary girls.
- We are aligned with world-class institutions to offer our students access to further education programs, whilst still studying at Melbourne Girls Grammar.
- Senior Years students experience an innovative learning and wellbeing program
- Our flexible learning spaces ensure learning is a dynamic experience for both teachers and students
- We leverage new technologies to enhance programs, encourage collaboration and create self-directed and self-paced learning opportunities
We provide a holistic education experience so our students can discover who they are meant to be:
- A Melbourne Girls Grammar education prepares students to excel in any pathway they choose. We focus on teaching the whole girl, and attribute our success to a holistic focus on wellbeing and academics
- We offer more than 60 co-curricular activities so our girls can discover their passions
- In our Senior Years Program, coaching is a part of each girl’s school week. We pair a student with a coach to keep girls on track towards ‘the big picture’
A Girl’s Education
Melbourne Girls Grammar’s approach to teaching and learning is based upon substantial research into how girls reach their full potential.
Within our learning environments, our students demonstrate confidence and participate fully, challenging themselves and each other, knowing that a comprehensive support network is behind them each step of the way.
Not only does research indicate that an all-girls approach lends itself to improved academic results and more positive, supportive and collaborative student interaction, it also shows there are fewer behavioural issues in all-girl environments.
The bonds between students developed during schooling are long lasting.
Alumnae often see their classmates as lifelong friends, mentors and as part of their personal social network.
Further studies into single-sex education can be found here.