Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
- As MGGS staff, volunteers, contractors, and any other members of our School community involved in child-connected work, we are responsible for supporting and promoting the safety of children.
- We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment and protecting of all children / students in our care and adhering to our Child Safety Policy.
- We are committed to providing a child-safe and child-friendly environment, where children and young people are safe and feel safe and are able to actively participate in decisions that affect their lives.
- We have zero tolerance of child abuse and are committed to the protection of children from all forms of child abuse. All allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures. Our policies and procedures will provide the name and contact details of staff who have specific responsibilities in relation to child safety and who may receive reports of suspicion of child abuse. Child abuse includes sexual offences, grooming, physical violence, serious emotional or psychological harm, serious neglect and a child’s exposure to family violence.
- We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously.
- We are committed to preventing child abuse, identifying risks early and removing and reducing these risks.
- We have robust human resources and recruitment practices for all staff and volunteers.
- We are committed to regularly training and educating our staff and volunteers on child abuse risks. We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers.
- We are committed to the emotional, physical and cultural safety of all children and to providing a safe environment for their learning.
- We are committed to promoting the cultural safety and participation of Indigenous children, young people and their families.
- We have specific policies, procedures and training in place that support our leadership team, staff and volunteers to achieve these commitments.