All enquiries regarding employment at MGGS can be addressed to email@example.com or please call +61 3 9862 9200.
TEACHERS OF SWIMMING AND WATER SAFETY
Learn to Swim Teachers
Multiple Casual Positions
The Artemis Centre is the epicentre of the wellbeing agenda at Melbourne Girls Grammar. We have a proud tradition of being at the forefront of girls participating in sport. The facility cements our proactive agenda of promoting diverse sporting opportunities and participation for all Melbourne Girls Grammar girls.
Melbourne Girls Grammar seeks experienced and passionate casual Teachers of Swimming and Water Safety (Learn to Swim Teachers) to deliver high-quality swimming lessons to students and the wider community.
The primary purpose of the Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety Instructor is to support Swimming Australia’s mission to inspire all students to be the swimmer they want to be. In collaboration with the Aquatics Program Manager and Head Coach, you will assess participants to ensure allocation into appropriate lessons and levels and establish opportunities for students to grow. The ideal candidate will be an experienced swim teacher and bring the latest knowledge of current trends and professional practices in coaching principles and methodology.
Current program hours:
- Wednesdays 2.00pm – 6.00pm
- Thursdays 2.00pm – 6.00pm
- Fridays 4.00pm-6.00pm
- Saturdays 10.00am-12.00pm
Applicants should have reasonable availabilities and ideally will have the ability to commit to a number of shifts per week, depending on the needs of the program
Applicant requirements include:
- Current Victorian Working With Children Check (WWCC) or VIT Registration;
- Current AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety Certificate;
- Current HLTAID003 First Aid certification, including up to date CPR component (HLTAID001);
- Safety and compliance mindset;
- High attention to detail;
- High level interpersonal and problems solving skills with the ability to work in an inclusive, fun and productive learning environment;
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills; and
- Customer service of the highest standard.
Please view the Position Description for specific details about this role.
Employment with Melbourne Girls Grammar is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
Child Safety Statement: Melbourne Girls Grammar
- has zero-tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children
How to Apply
Applicants must hold or prior to commencing employment or be willing to obtain a current and valid Victorian Working with Children’s Check or Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration.
Applications close: 5.00pm Friday 6 September 2019
Applications must include a covering letter, resume and a completed employment application form including the details of 3 referees. Please forward your application via email and addressed to:
Dr Toni Meath
Melbourne Girls Grammar
86 Anderson Street
SOUTH YARRA VIC 3141