All enquiries regarding employment at MGGS can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or please call +61 3 9862 9200.
SWIMMING AND WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTORS (LEARN TO SWIM TEACHERS)
The Artemis Centre is the epicentre of the wellbeing agenda at Melbourne Girls Grammar. We have a proud tradition of being at the forefront of girls participating in sport. The facility cements our proactive agenda of promoting diverse sporting opportunities and participation for all Melbourne Girls Grammar girls.
Melbourne Girls Grammar seeks experienced and inspirational casual Swimming and Water Safety Instructors to deliver high quality swimming lessons to students and the wider community.
The primary purpose of the Swimming and Water Safety Instructor is to support Swimming Australia’s mission to inspire all students to be the swimmer they want to be. In collaboration with the Aquatics Program Manager and Head Coach you will assess participants to ensure allocation into appropriate lessons and levels and establish opportunities for students to grow.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced coach and bring the latest knowledge of current trends and professional practices in coaching principles and methodology. The ideal candidate must also hold an AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety certificate (or equivalent) and a current Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR certificate or be willing to obtain one post recruitment.
Other essential skills include:
- attention to detail
- high level interpersonal and problems solving skills with the ability to work in an inclusive, fun and productive learning environment
- outstanding communication and presentation skills which support and foster customer service of the highest standard.
Please view the Position Description for specific details about this role.
Employment with Melbourne Girls Grammar is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
Child Safety Statement: Melbourne Girls Grammar
- has zero tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children
How to Apply
Applicants must hold or prior to commencing employment or be willing to obtain a current and valid Victorian Working with Children’s Check.
Applications close: 5.00 pm, Sunday 21 January 2018.
Applications must include a covering letter, resume and a completed employment application form including the details of 3 referees. Please forward your application via email and addressed to:
Mrs Catherine Misson
Melbourne Girls Grammar
86 Anderson Street
SOUTH YARRA VIC 3141