Full Time, Fixed Term
Melbourne Girls Grammar is seeking a skilled, professional and proactive Maintenance Tradesperson to join the Facilities Team in a full-time capacity. Located in the heart of South Yarra and bordering the Royal Botanic Gardens, this position comes with many on-campus benefits including a café with staff discounts, access to the Artemis gym and swimming pool, fitness classes (yoga/pilates/boxing), professional learning opportunities, generous leave structures and a warm and welcoming culture.
Working across two campuses, the successful candidate will work with a team of Facilities staff to complete daily upkeep tasks as well as planned works, reactionary services as required and ongoing maintenance projects. The role is responsible for ensuring the grounds and buildings are well maintained as functional and inviting spaces for students, staff and visitors the School.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of service orientation, flexibility, initiative and the ability to contribute positively in a team environment. Specific trade specialties will be looked on favourably and be considered when delegating tasks within the team.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responding to and actioning daily work requests;
- Designing and constructing items for various purposes;
- Monitoring lighting, mechanical services and security;
- Setting up and packing down School functions and events;
- Maintenance of playgrounds, ovals, sports courts, garden beds and watering systems;
- Receipting and installing deliveries from suppliers;
- Assisting with waste management, pest control, spills and accidents, broken property and safety hazards.
- Producing compliance reporting and documentation;
- Conducting safety checks and audits and assisting in planned fire drills; and
- Other ad hoc maintenance tasks as directed by Facilities Manager or Principal.
The successful candidate will have:
- A trade speciality (e.g. Carpentry, Electrical etc) is desirable but not essential;
- Minimum 3 – 5 years demonstrated experience in similar roles;
- Demonstrated experience working with power tools and relevant equipment;
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (including Word, Excel and Outlook);
- A strong safety focus and practical understanding safe work practices and OH&S procedures;
- High level attention to detail, accuracy and care;
- Well-developed communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent organisational, planning and time-management skills.
- Current full Australian Driver’s License; and
- Current Victorian Working With Childrens Check (WWCC)
Shortlisted candidates will be required to participate in a pre-employment medical assessment. The successful applicant must be fit and healthy in order to undertake inherent requirements of the role unsupervised (including but not limited to strenuous activity, long periods of standing and walking, heavy lifting, the use of power tools, safe handling of toxic chemicals, driving vehicles and working at heights).
Employment with Melbourne Girls Grammar is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
Child Safety Statement: Melbourne Girls Grammar
- has zero tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children
How to Apply
Applicants must hold or prior to commencing employment, be willing to obtain a current and valid Victorian Working with Children’s Check.
Applications will be considered as they are received.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their documentation at their earliest opportunity.
Applications must include a covering letter, resume and a completed employment application form including the details of 3 referees.
Please forward your application via email and addressed to:
Dr Toni E. Meath
Melbourne Girls Grammar
86 Anderson Street
SOUTH YARRA VIC 3141