Melbourne Girls Grammar continues to lead the way in providing exceptional education experiences for girls with the official opening on 1 September 2017 of the Artemis Centre by The Honourable Linda Dessau AC, Governor of Victoria.
The Centre is envisioned as a gendered facility in which engagement and student agency characterise the experiences within transparent and free-flowing environments. Wellbeing is understood as a holistic experience, so that within the Artemis Centre there are physical, social and academic environments.
The Artemis Centre is the heart of Melbourne Girls Grammar’s forward-thinking Senior Years Program. Launched in February 2017, it responds to the changing learning needs of today’s young women.
“We believe that to flourish in the highly complex, accelerating world in which they live and learn, our students must emerge from school confident in their identity, equipped with strategies to apply themselves in challenging contexts, and optimistic that they can influence their future opportunities.”
Artemis Centre features:
- 25-metre multipurpose hydraulic swimming pool
- Court spaces (“Team Zone”) for basketball, netball, badminton and volleyball
- “Me Zones” for small groups and one-to-one wellbeing coaching
- Learning Commons (learning, study and consultation spaces)
- Fitness Hub
- Fitness Studio
- Jumpstart Room for 3 to 14 year olds to explore movement and learn to take appropriate risks
- Outdoor seated amphitheatre
Without the exceptional generosity of the Melbourne Girls Grammar community, the School could not have realised the Artemis Centre. The Artemis Building Campaign was fundamental to building this inspirational facility.